Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I was just wondering, if, of all the people I have ever met or known till date, in my life, I just try to filter out people, I would call a person with a purpose or a person with a principle, how many of them will actually filter in? Well leave the astonishing number I computed, or rather I was not able to compute, what astonished me more was the fact that most of these people would not even bother to consider any such criteria as sensible.

Why does this happens that one accepts mediocrity so easily, with utmost happiness and without any refusal or struggle? What makes us so helpless and so sure of our incapability for everything? Well just see the irony here: how many of us will actually accept any of our incapability, our ego just won’t let us do so, but when it comes to accepting this flow of mediocrity we are more than happy to do so.

The basic problem with us mortals is this amazing tendency of creating ‘comfort zones’, a zone from where we just don’t want to move out. What makes this tendency really amazing is the fact that, however uncomfortable a zone is, sooner or later it becomes your ‘comfort zone’, not for the fact that now you find it comfortable but for the fact that we are so used to mediocrity that we just don’t want to fight, all we do and yearn to do is adjust. And look what we come to accept!! But do we regret it? No. We just don’t even realize. We just don’t care.

Most of us keep cribbing, excuses to do so wary from work to life style to things going around, but we all crib. How many of us really try to fight it? Well I know by now you would be thinking, “well I don’t crib” is it so really? Do you never complain about things, specially about things you don’t have a control on? Well you do and precisely because you feel safe as you believe you don’t have a control over it.

There is this one thing I firmly believe in, whatever happens in one’s life is ones own responsibility and hence you better have a control over it. And once you realize your power to rule your life and learn to take it over, I bet you will beat mediocrity.

They tell you what you are worth what you are not. By what conceivable right? By what mean do they draw a baseless judgment on you? Mediocrity yearns mediocrity and tries its best to stop any attempt made to break it. But if you have the potential – Break it!!

I am here to break it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wandering mind. said...

Introspecting......indeed..

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home